Friday, September 02, 2005

Food, wine, coffee, and everything for the gastronome

Well... at long last, this food, wine, coffee, etc. blog begins!

This area has the potential to become my largest blog. I intend to post recipes here, write about food, wine, and coffee, and just generally have a good time with this area of my blog.

I know for sure that I intend to post on what goes into brewing a great cup of coffee. I'm also planning posts on how to steam milk for a great latte--mostly about how to build structure by causing the protein strands in the milk to slip rather than just introducing air bubbles into the milk. I'll also talk about various brewing methods, and about how coffee tasting like wine tasting can build an appreciation for great coffees from around the world. If I can find them somewhere in my boxes, I might even include photos of visits to coffee plantations in Mexico and Papua New Guinea and to the Hershey cacao plantation in Belize.

But the first post will be one of my recipes that people are constantly asking me for...

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, September 04, 2005, Blogger heiresschild said...

dale, u sound like a very well-rounded guy. i look forward to many recipes from u, and even to hearing about what u have to share about coffee brewing. i'm not an avid coffee drinker, but i do love a good cup of coffee now and then - especially after a good breakfast or good dinner.

sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home